[Email] **URGENT NOTICE TO WATERFORD HOMES MEMBERS AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES***

Lu Vencl lfv at pobox.com
Mon Jan 25 12:46:30 EST 2016

This is one of the most important communications we have sent out to date.
What is going to happen to 10th street from Sawgrass to I-95?

The members of the Community Oversight Advisory Team (COAT) that represent
Deerfield Beach have attended numerous meetings and still fear what could
happen to our town, particularly all of us that live along the 10th street
corridor. Too many unanswered questions continue to plague the team.  10th
street will change, but how?

NOW IS THE TIME TO GET INVOLVED AND HAVE YOUR OPINION HEARD.

There is a public workshop January 30, 2016 at 10:30am at:

North Regional Broward College Auditorium

1100 Coconut Creek Parkway

Coconut Creek, FL 33063

The attached  5 concepts for the proposed look of 10th street where
presented to the committee on January 21st.

Some of the concerns that have not been answered or decided include:

.           Which concept will be adopted

.           How will we get to our community? A proposal to eliminate exits
to the "local traffic roads" is on the table. This means that SW 10th ST
will no longer be a viable option for us in the area to get home.
Hillsborough and Sample would be the only other options

.           How close will the 8 lane road get to our community?

.           What roads will be cut off?

.           What kind of economic impact will this project have to our
businesses in the area?

.           In some of the concepts, it appears we will not be able to go
westbound on SW 10th ST.

.           No access to the sawgrass express way from our community in one
of the proposals

.           What impact will this have on our water wellfield?

.           Traffic light synchronization is not even being considered as an
alternative

.           What will be done to correct the connector at I95? Thus far, no
information.

Our community and several others in the area are at great risk. There are
many already asking "when should I sell?"  As you can see, this can lead to
an exodus of people selling their homes, and our properties will decrease in
value significantly as no one will want to live in a community with
restricted access, and or who knows what other obstacles we may encounter.
Once again, the time is NOW. Please make this a priority. It is very
important that you show up. If there is no interest because you think "my
neighbor can go and do this for me" or that this is under control, make no
mistake about it, it will be your loss, the community's loss, and of course
the impact to our own city. We are sensitive to the needs, but there are way
too many unanswered questions and concerns. Although these concepts are not
detailed enough, please review them in advance of the meeting and come
prepared to share your ideas, concerns, and questions you might have
regarding this project.

Joan Maurice

Lu Vencl

Waterford Homes HOA