[Email] Results of the FDOT meeting last evening.

Lu Vencl lfv at pobox.com
Wed Apr 25 12:35:58 EDT 2018

Folks,
I wish to thank the few of you that took the time to show up at tonight’s meeting.
Once again, FDOT has demonstrated their lack of informing residents the entire agenda and had a presentation at 6 PM, followed by a Q&A session at 6:30 PM.
Several questions were raised, and as expected, things are changing for the worse for our communities along SW 10th St. Waterways for example, was promised that they would have a depressed roadway in front of their community. Now it appears that is not the case and there are a lot of uncertainties of what will happen, pending the PD&E study by the Florida Turnpike. Waterways had quite a huge number of residents that showed up. Waterford however may have had may be only four or five people which is really a sad number.
In the coming days, there will be the renderings posted on the website http://sw10street.com/ I  urge you to take a look at them.  The renderings now shows that our area in Waterford will be directly impacted. The renderings include the roads that are now basically coming up to the berm. The depressed roadways starts to come up just after SW. 28th Ave. as you’re heading east. By the time you get to SW. 24th Ave., depressed highway is just about done. This is a huge difference from what they promised us in the last renderings exhibit at the last meeting.
I cannot tell you how this will have a tremendous impact to our home values. They were some very rude comments made tonight such as “we should move out of the community if we don’t like it” made by people that live further west. Things are starting to get heated and we (Waterford Homes) are going to have a meeting very soon with FDOT that everyone of us should come to and get to get up to speed and learn what you have been missing out on.
This will also be your opportunity to learn in detail how this project will affect us,  express your concerns and offer up any suggestions that you feel would benefit our community. Folks, I can’t tell you how important this is, this is going to be our last chance to put a stop to this nonsense. This whole project is becoming worse and worse for our community, and the FDOT reps don’t seem to care at this point, as they are just doing their jobs as demonstrated tonight. It will be up to us to show our force in numbers and urged you to complain to the city as well. As soon as I get the meeting date pinned down, I’ll announce it and I strongly urge everyone to attend. If we don’t see a change, a lot of us will be putting our houses up for sale to get our money out before it is too late. It is estimated we could see as much as 30% drop in value according to one realtor speaking at the meeting tonight.
More information to follow as soon as it becomes available.
I am attaching a couple of photos I took while was at the meeting that will be available on the website in the coming days.

Lu Vencl
President, Waterford Homes HOA