[Email] City update on trash.

Lu Vencl lfv at pobox.com
Tue Sep 3 13:02:46 EDT 2019

Dorian Tuesday Update
We are pleased to report that as of the 11:00 AM advisory, the National Hurricane Center has discontinued the storm surge watch and tropical storm watch for the City of Deerfield Beach.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 4, 2019, all City operations will resume as normal. That includes garbage, recycling, and bulk collection services.

All collections will begin with Monday’s routes tomorrow and will then cycle like a normal week through the rest of the week and into the weekend to make sure everyone has their recyclables, trash and bulk materials collected.  For example, if your normal recycling collection day was Tuesday, it will now be collected on Thursday (two days after your normal collection day).

If you have accumulated higher than normal amounts of bulk, trash or recyclables, the City will accept those materials at the City’s Drop-Off Center located at 401 SW 4th Street, during normal hours of operation free of charge.  The centers hours of operation can be found on the City website, www.dfb.city/recycling.

This temporary service is strictly for DFB residents and will continue through Saturday. Residents that utilize this service will be required to present a photo ID and one additional proof of residency like a utility bill and all garbage must be bagged or containerized.

We thank you DFB, for working with us to keep our community safe.

Sent from my iPhone, Lu Vencl