[Email] Make History With Us-52 Deerfield Moments

Judith Stanich judithofdfb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 12:58:20 EST 2014

52 Deerfield Moments
The DFB HS is putting together a project on the history of Deerfield Beach.
​
We are seeking community support and input. We all have a history with DFB
so please share it with us.
​
The project will consist of 52 photographs of 52 significant events in the
history of Deerfield Beach. The initial story that would be sized for
publication in local print media will then be linked to the DFB HS web site
with a more in depth explanation of the event and more photos if available.
We will link this project to the 100th Anniversary of Broward County
celebration which is taking place from Oct 2014 thru Oct 2015. The plan is
to submit the picture and story to all local and regional print media,
publish it on our web site, submit it to the Broward 100 (100th anniversary
of Broward County), share the project with the local schools as a point of
education and discussion, and culminate with a celebration to introduce a
print book consisting of all 52 photo-stories, antidotes regarding the city.
​​
Please help us by contributing a brief 50-100 word history of a significant
event that you feel has shaped Deerfield Beach and one photo along with a
longer and more detailed history with additional photos if you
like. This brief composition would be used for print material, etc and
would link to the web site in which we would archive the longer and more
detailed article about the event.
We want to showcase Deerfield Moments so please...
Help us to "Make History".
The Historical Society
Send entries to judithofdfb at gmail.com