[Email] Traffic Impact: I-95 Interchange from Hillsboro Boulevard to SW 10th Street

Denise Bogner dkbogner at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 14:56:11 EST 2016

Posted on: March 7, 2016

Traffic Impact: I-95 Interchange from Hillsboro Boulevard to SW 10th Street

The following are details of the traffic impact that FDOT is reporting will
take place until March 11, 2016.

. The I-95 southbound exit ramp to SW 10th Street will be fully closed
Sunday through Friday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Motorists can detour via
Hillsboro Boulevard.
. The outside lanes of I-95 southbound between Hillsboro Boulevard and SW
10th Street will be closed Sunday through Friday with the first lane closing
at 9 p.m., the second lane closing at 10 p.m. and the third lane, if
necessary, closing at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m.
. Two westbound lanes of SW 10th Street at I-95 will be closed Sunday
through Friday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
. The sidewalk on the north side of SW 10th Street between SW 12th Avenue
and SW Natura Boulevard is closed through August 2016. Signs are in place to
direct pedestrians to the south sidewalk.

auxiliary lane from the Hillsboro Boulevard entrance ramp to the SW 10th
Street exit ramp, widening the existing southbound I-95 exit ramp to SW 10th
Street, addition of a free flow right turn lane to westbound SW 10th Street,
widening of westbound SW 10th Street to add an acceleration lane, utility
relocation, milling and resurfacing, bridge widening, installation of
barrier walls, curbs, sidewalks, guardrail, drainage, overhead signs,
signing and pavement markings, signals, lighting, and retaining walls. This
is the first of five interchange improvement projects throughout Broward and
Palm Beach Counties.

For more information, please contact Public Information Officer Andrea
Pacini at 561-214-3358.
Cost/Completion: Construction cost for all five projects is $32.5 million.
Completion in summer 2016.